Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The Result of Monday and Tuesday

MONDAY 5pm



I am standing at the ranger station of the South Mountain Park in Phoenix AZ.

I am excited, a bit scared, and at the same time not knowing what to expect.



my training partner, who btw is a firefighter, or a cadet or something like that, is a running machine, but then again, that's what i said about his cycling, and as of 1 or 2 months ago, i smoke him constantly.



I decide to take a camelpak with me, because it was still a warm day.



We start to walk.....about 300 yards into it we decide to jog, he is in front of me, and im feeling great, there is this concentration that i caught, almost like a runners high, i was focused, feeling good and ready to go! I passed him, going uphill i start losing him, i feel great, my breathing is good, my trot is good and then i drop my cell phone.

He yells at me, I stop, pick up my phone and continue to run. However, i lost my concentration, i lagged, and now i am behind him. He starts passing me, and i lose him, in no time he is about 300 yards in front of me, i am exhausted.

My body hurt. It ached, and every step i took felt like i was stomping on the ground at full force.

I tried to ignore the pain, and did, for about 8 miles. as soon as i hit the 8 mile marker i walked the next 2. I was out. my entire body was full of sweat. The amazing thing was that as my body craved for rest....my feet felt extremely light.

This is going to be hard. But i have convinced my mind that i can do it.



UPDATE: the next day, i played softball and got hit on the knee by a 100 + mph ball. I have a huge bruise that has stopped me from training all week.

No comments:

Post a Comment