Friday, February 26, 2010

Another Day, another Ride

Last Night I decided to take my bike for a spin, since the weekend ahead predicted Rain, winds and possible Hail in some areas of Phoenix.

The person that I ride with, i consider to be in TOP shape, being that he is a firefighter by trade.

Everytime we have ridden, he has left me behind.....or trailed me by a bikes lenght.

For the past few rides, i have been leaving him behind, and yesterday that lead got bigger, and bigger. About 10 bikes length.

I consistently hit 23 mph. and the more i concentrated the harder i pushed, the faster i went, and somehow, for the first time ever my Heart Rate did not sky rocket as it used to. Granted, I've only been doing this road bike thing since November 3rd, 2009. almost 5 months.

We stopped by a gas station to pick up something to drink, a beautiful blonde, about 28 years old decided to comment.....she looked at me and said, "nice legs."

of course I was embarrassed and just said thanks. She wouldnt stop staring....for the first time in a long time, i felt like a piece of meat in front of a hungry dog....I know she was complimenting me, but it just felt weird.

We will see what happens, i started watching what i eat. So far this week i have lost 2 lbs.

I have to get thinner to get faster, and maybe win the Tour de France, LOL! hilarious.

1 comment:

  1. I dont know about you but I would have appreciated being sized up like a piece of meat by a hottie.

    5 months, very good, you seem to get out riding quite a lot, if you have read my blog you will see I dont get out as much as I should, but I have improved a lot since January and finally lost my first 10lbs. My goal is 200 by December 2010

    ReplyDelete